A Bogle is a Scot's term for a ghost or folkloric being, who lives for the simple purpose of perplexing mankind.
Create your own Bogle (limited only by your imagination) in a 4-foot by 4-foot space and you could win $25, $50, or $75
__Clubs, Not-for-profits, schools, etc.
Organization (if applicable)_____________________________
Mail $5 registration fee with the above information by October 10th to Friends of Maxwell Hall, P O Box 123, Hughesville, MD 20637
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Bogles reflecting controversial, social, religious or political opinions or statements will not be accepted. The Friends of Maxwell Hall reserves the right to remove any Bogle it deems offensive or inappropriate.
Bogle Contest Category Descriptions:
- Clubs, Not-for-profits, and schools: Whether your organization is for adults or young people, school, fraternal group, sports team or an other not-for profit.
- Individuals: Open to entries created by one or more individuals not affiliated with a business or organization.
- Family: Open to individual families with children 12 years or age & younger. Made with minimal assistance from age 13+ family members.
- Business: Open to for-profit businesses. Display may reflect & promote business.
- Entries are encourage to have a Bogle of any shape or size in the contest entry. A sticker or a button would count.
- Entries will receive a 4' wide x 4' deep space with unlimted height. No exceptions!
- We will provide a metal fence post in the center of your space to fasten the Bogle.
- NO hand-outs at your contest display!
- All entries may include multiple bogles (or whimsical characters), as well a props & decor to reflect the theme of your display within the 4-foot by 4-foot space.
- Bogle(s) for display may reflect a special theme and/or promote a not-for-profit organization, event or business.
- Signage may be displayed to identify or promote your business, event or organization.
- No items such as tiki torches or gas-powered generators allowed.
- Voting will be by ballot
- 1st place in each category will receive $75. 2nd place is $50. 3rd place is $25.
SET-UP & TEAR-DOWN:
- All entries will be assigned a location based on order received.
- Set-up is Friday, October 18 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm ONLY.
- A sign will be provided for voting purposes (e.g. Family Category F-10) at your assigned display location.
- Tear down is Sunday, October 20th from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Any remaining bogles as of 2pm Sunday will be discarded.